Here's everything you need to know to vote in 2017. Spread the word!
Register to Vote
The last day to register to vote for the primary is May 22, 2017.
Click here to check if you're registered to vote in Virginia.
Click here to register to vote online.
Voting in-person on election day:
- Primary day is Tuesday, June 13, 2017
- Voting hours: 6:00AM - 7:00PM
- Find your polling place here
- Photo ID Required*
Voting absentee in-person:
Check your registration and review the appplication to ensure you have all the necessary information to apply.
- Within 45 days of the election, starting May 22, 2017 for the June 13 primary, go to your local registrar's office
- At the registrar's office, fill out an absentee application. You will need a valid form of photo ID*
- Once you complete the application, you can vote absentee in-erpson using a voting machine at the registrar's office
Voting absentee by mail:
There are several options to request an absentee ballot by mail.
- Request a ballot online here or;
- Complete this application, sign, and return to your local registrars office by mail, fax, or in an attachment to an email
- A contact list for local registrars is included in the application
*Valid forms of voter ID
|Virginia driver's license||Virginia DMV-issued photo ID|
|US Passport||Employer-issued photo ID|
|Student photo ID issue by a Virginia school, college, or university||Other US or Virginia govenrment-issued photo ID|
|Tribal enrollment or other tribal photo ID||Virginia Voter ID card|